Capell & Howard’s attorneys offer guidance and clarity in the developing, uncertain cannabis industry. Our multidisciplinary team of attorneys offer the expertise of a full-service law firm serving clients in a highly regulated industry, including those operating in the areas of cultivation, shipping, and retail. Capell & Howard’s more than 70 years in Alabama’s capital make it uniquely positioned to assist those currently in the cannabis industry and those exploring entry or organization.
Capell & Howard offers the following legal services:
- Federal and state rules and regulations: Our attorneys advise businesses through the ever-changing and intricate state and federal laws concerning cannabis. We also routinely assist with the preparation and promulgation of bills and regulations, principally at the state level.
- Employment Services: Our Labor & Employment attorneys offer significant experience assisting businesses in navigating employment matters, including employment advising, drafting handbooks, and defending federal employment claims.
- Litigation: Our experienced litigation attorneys have the trial and appeal experience necessary to protect your interests.
- Health Care: Our attorneys are prepared to advise health care professionals as they navigate the regulatory schemes involved with prescribing medical cannabis.
- Insurance: Insurers and businesses routinely hire our attorneys to defend commercial and employment disputes, products liability, professional liability, personal injury, wrongful death, and other claims.
- Tax: Our attorneys assist clients with federal, state and local tax matters, including, if necessary, representing clients in connection with administrative and judicial proceedings, including the United States Tax Court.
- Transactions: Our attorneys advise individuals, corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and other entities in a broad range of legal services. Whether closely-held businesses or publicly traded companies, our attorneys are prepared to help.
- Real Estate: Our attorneys are experienced in the full range of legal services involved in large developments, including property identification, negotiation, drafting of purchase and sale contracts, closing documents, obtaining zoning and other governmental development approvals, syndications, title examination and certification, lease negotiations with national and regional tenants, and development of leases, management agreements, and other forms utilized in the operation of commercial developments.